This unit is responsible for the preparattion of Physical development Plans, administration of development control and for facilitating the built/infrastructural development to enhance economic and social development.
- Prepare national, regional and local physical development plans to promote sustainable environmental, social and economic development.
- To provide technical assistance and to perform the role of secretariat of the Physical Planning and Development Board.
- To provide technical assistance and advice on matters related to planning, environmental management, and project planning.
- Implement the laws, standards and building codes with respect to physical development.
- To provide quality service to all stakeholders in relation to request for approval of plans; request for information; and request for services related to the role of the unit.
- Establish and operate a National land Information System in collaboration with other public and private sector agencies in order to provide quality information for policy formulation and the promotion of national development.